30 Hours per week
Hours of work Monday to Thursday 11am-7pm, Friday 11am-6.00pm
Annual salary £18,312 – £20,668 depending on qualifications and experience
Pro rata salary £14,650 – £16,534
YMCA Newcastle is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and creative youth worker, passionate about working with young people and helping them to reach their full potential. The worker will be based at SPACE2 our city centre youth project which provides a safe and friendly place for young people, aged 13-25 years old, to meet and socialise, access a wide range of support and advice as well as opportunities to develop their personal and social development.
The successful candidate will;
- Hold a minimum of NVQ level 3 in Youth Work and show evidence of continued learning
- Have at least 3 years of experience of working directly with young people including providing one to one support and group work
- Have experience of planning, monitoring, delivering and evaluating funded programmes such as independent living skills and employability programmes
- Have a good knowledge of available support services for young people around issues such as housing, benefits, training and education
- Have excellent IT skills with knowledge of or an interest in social media communication or digital technologies.
To Apply; download an application pack www.ymcanewcastle.com
We do not accept CV’s please return a completed application form
Applications close at 9.00am on Monday 14th October 2019
Interviews will take place on Wed 16th October 2019
For additional information or an informal discussion contact Helen Parker on 0191 2765327