Our volunteering positions offer a great way for you to learn new skills, build new friendships and contribute to your local community. It may also enhance your CV and job prospects for the future!
YMCA Newcastle works with young people throughout the city and there are plenty of ways you can get involved and opportunities for you to embrace. We have volunteering positions available at SPACE2…, Walker Project, Walker Park Cafe & Centre, Urban Mushrooms and our Central Office.
You can volunteer with us as a Young Helper, Volunteer or Trustee.
Why not have a look at our volunteering options below and get in touch with us if you would like to offer your support?
Contact us if you would like to volunteer with YMCA Newcastle.
We are always on the look out for volunteers to join our team. We require volunteers to help with admin in our Central Office and kitchen and event staff to help out at our cafe and community centre. There are numerous volunteer roles within our youth work and social enterprise teams.
At our youth projects and social enterprise you can help with:
- Youth work
- Sports, exercise and fitness classes
- Language classes
- Arts and crafts classes
- Urban farming
If you have a skill or interest that you think our young people may enjoy learning, contact us for more information or to arrange a class.
Young Helpers are young people that are under the age of 16 and help out at our youth projects, urban farm and cafe and community centre. Young Helpers will always always be supervised and will not be left alone to complete any tasks.
Aged under 16 and would like to get involved with YMCA Newcastle? Get in touch below.
Trustees provide our charity with skills, experience and knowledge in various business functions. They support the Chair, Treasurer and Chief Executive Officer in the running of the charity and its trading subsidiaries.
We require you to volunteer around 4 hours of your time each month to attend the subcommittee and Board meetings and use your professional knowledge and skills to enable the operational team to provide our much needed services to the cities young people. We are not able to provide remuneration for your time but do reimburse reasonable travel expenses.
Please email the Chief Executive Officer firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Current vacancies include;
- HR – be the lead Trustee to provide advice and support in matters such as policy, procedures and dealing with problems as they arise.
- IT and Digital – be the lead Trustee to provide advice and support on strategy, cyber security, compliance, digital services, software and hardware upgrading.
- Children’s Nursery – be a Non-executive Director of our trading subsidiary, a private day-care nursery responsible for supporting the team to run a profitable nursery.
- E-Commerce and E Retail – be a Non-executive Director of our trading subsidiary, an ecommerce retailer selling a variety of niche products online.